Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei

SOMA el próximo juego de los creadores de penumbra y amnesia

Estos días estuve pendiente de la barra de progreso en el teaser site de un próximo juego de Frictional Games.
    www.nextfrictionalgame.com
    con una barra de progreso que me recordaba mucho a SystemShock.

Hoy en la mañana llego al 100%, revelando SOMA con muy poca informacion y un live action trailer.

En Rockpapershotgun
    hay un articulo sobre el teaser.
    aparentemente el sitio tendra mas información mientras "se recuperen los archivos" actuañmente va 1% y han transcurrido 2 horas

Uno de los "archivos recuperados" de la pagina :

ITEM#2656-"Vivarium"

The machine has the appearance of a heavily modified monitor fixed to a massive nest of cables and controls. Machinist Peter Strasky found the contraption during a salvage mission the screen rolled and flickered, but it shut down as it was pulled out from the container. None of the crew stepped forward to take credit, but the construction suggests since Thabo is unavailable for questioning, the machine's origin remains a mystery.
    Considering the lack of information and the general unease it has started to cause, the machine will be disassembled.
    screen lit up and showed distorted schematics. After trying different switches and keys, the oblique levers were found to be torsion attenuation controls which could stabilize the pict revealing a complex set of instructions. The machine is now under quarantine.
    AM Engineer Imogen Reed has asked for an exception Special permission granted.

APPENDIX A: Engineer reed-Video Documentation

Personalmente encantaria ver un juego sci-fi de horror que tenga la misma atmosfera que tenia SystemShock 2 crep que Fractional Games puede lograrlo
    Última edición por Reizor; 01-10-2013 a las 02:38 PM Razón: agregado quote de sitio del juego

Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei

The Next Game From The Creators Of Amnesia Looks Disturbing As Hell

Soma, the next game from the folks behind Amnesia will be out in 2015 for PC and PlayStation 4, and it's a doozy—a sci-fi horror game starring a psychotic computer that sounds like an angrier GLaD0S. Here's the first bit of gameplay footage.

El director creativo de Frictional Thomas Grip describio SOMA:
    SOMA is meant to be a proper sci-fi game, and to get that right we couldn’t let the themes be an afterthought. My favorite works of sci-fi are the ones that use fantastic worlds to probe important issues in a way that down-to-earth settings just cannot. Great sci-fi authors like Asimov, Dick and Heinlein all do this. We want to give SOMA this quality as well.

The subject that SOMA will discuss is consciousness. Personally, I find it the most profound questions that it is possible to ask. “How can the feeling of subjective experience arise from a chunk of flesh?” Exploring this further takes us to questions such as “Can machines be conscious?” and “Do we have free will?” It quickly gets very disturbing and is ideal for a futuristic horror setting. It is the kind of sci-fi that we want to make.

From the start, we knew that this could not just come through background story or dialog. We want you to PLAY through this. It must be an integral part of the gameplay and not just fluff.

Part of this comes through the game’s monsters. You will encounter a number of strange creatures, each an embodiment of an aspect of our themes. In order to survive the journey, you need to understand how they work and in the process take on extremely unsettling subjects.

Our goal is for SOMA to not just be another carnival ride of cheap scares. It is meant to chill you at the core and confront you with questions about your very existence.

Nuevo teaser trailer

The Next Game From The Creators Of Amnesia Looks Disturbing As Hell

tiene pinta, hay que ver, justo bajé hace poquito system shock 1 (uno que supuestamente anda bien en win7, pronto con dosbox), y tengo el ss2 gog, prontitos pa jugar (jugué el 2 hace mil años, pero hace mil, y me acuerdo algunas cosas nomas, se merece jugarlo como es debido)

Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei

En el blog de frictional publicaron los 5 pilares fundamentales del diseño de SOMA

1) Everything is story
    First up, we want the player to constantly feel as if they are inside a flowing narrative. It is so common that a game is distinctly split into story and puzzle/action moments. We want to blur the boundaries here and make it impossible to distinguish between the two. Whatever the player does it should feel as if it is part of the story. We do not want to have sections that simply feel like blockers to the next narrative moment. From start to finish the player should be drenched in a living, breathing world of storytelling.

A good example is how we design puzzles. Instead of having the puzzle by itself, as a separate activity, it always springs from and is connected to some aspect of the story. For instance, if the player encounters a locked door, there are more reasons for getting it open than simply to progress. There are always short term narrative reasons and rewards for getting it unlocked. On top of this, the very act of solving it results in the player taking part of a narrative scene.

Encounters with hostile beings are handled in the same way. A creature will never attack you without good reason; they never do it out of pure gameplay necessity. We want every encounter to feel like a bit of storytelling is happening. To get this working properly, almost every single creature has unique AI.

2) Take the world seriously
    This leads us to the next point: that every detail in an environment is connected to the story somehow. Nothing should be written off as simply a requirement for gameplay or exposition. For instance, if you find an audio log you will be able to learn more about the story by pondering its placement alone. There should be no need to "double-think"; the game's world should be possible to evaluate on its own terms.

We constantly think about what each character would have done in a situation, and shape the environment accordingly. For instance, in one level, we started out with scratches on the walls but later realized the character had access to a whiteboard pen and changed the graphics accordingly.

It's so easy to justify design "because the game needs it" even if it doesn't make sense to the story. But for each such thing you do, the less seriously the player will approach the environment. In SOMA a big part of the game is to ponder the situation you are in.Therefore it's crucial that players consider the world from a story view, and in order for that to happen we must provide them the opportunity to do so.

3) The player is in charge
    When you invest this much in a setting, it's important to make sure that players feel connected to it. In order to this we need to put a bigger responsibility on the player. An environment quickly loses its sense of realism if it is extremely streamlined and does not allow you to make choices. The player must be the one that drives the narrative forward.

The game never tells the player exactly how to progress. There may be hints and other implicit guidance, but in the end it must be the player that figures out what to do next. If a game is constantly flashing up cues with objectives or showing arrows pointing where to go, the player will never take on the world at a deeper level. If it takes some effort to progress, players are forced to understand and mentally map the surroundings in a way they would not do otherwise.

4) Trust the player
    This brings us to the next point: that we trust players to act according to the story. We do not force players to notice events by use of cutscenes and similar, but assume they will properly explore the environment and act in a rational fashion. We simply set up situations and then let the player have full control over their actions.

This means that we will let players do stupid things even if they might break the experience a bit. For instance, if they skip talking to a character with important information then they are on their own after that. And if they get hints that a dangerous creature is approaching, they need to figure out that hiding is the best course of action by themselves.

While we do our utmost to make the narrative unfold in a fluent and intuitive way, we will not cater to players that make irrational decisions. The environment is set up to be taken seriously and we expect the players to do so too.

5) Thematics emerge through play
    Now for our last foundational design rule: that the game's thematics will emerge through play. SOMA is meant to explore deep subjects such as consciousness and the nature of existence. We could have done this with cutscenes and long conversations, but we chose not to. We want players to become immersed in these thematics, and the discussions to emerge from within themselves.

It feels wrong to just shove information down the player's throat. What I find so exciting about having these thematics in a game is that the player is an active participant. There are plenty of books and movies that cover these sort of subjects, but videogames provide a personal involvement that other mediums lack. We want to explore this to the fullest degree

Just like all of the other design goals, there is a bit of risk in this. It requires the player to approach the game in a certain way and it will be impossible to make it work for everyone. But for those people where it succeeds, it will be a much more profound experience. I also find that it is when you are dealing with uncertainties that you are doing the most with the medium, and am extremely excited to see how far it will take us.
    The Five Foundational Design Pillars Of SOMA

Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei
    Nuevo trailer

Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei
    Lambda Trailer

SOMA, the next big thing from Swedish horrormeisters Frictional Games, is not where you think it is.

Until now, SOMA has had the appearance of a game set on a remote space station, or perhaps an outpost on an extraterrestrial world. I even described it as having a notable System Shock 2 vibe in a write-up of last month's "Theta" trailer. But this month's trailer offers up a pretty big surprise: Frictional's new game world actually has a lot more in common with BioShock.

The trailer speaks for itself and while it doesn't say much, it does reveal that the game will be set not in deep space, but at the bottom of the sea. "Most of our earth is covered in ocean, and yet it's something that we know very little about. It is an incredibly hostile environment filled with strange creatures, and it is right on our door step," the studio said in post on the PlayStation Blog. "The ocean is an alien world, and we've only scratched the surface. We feel it's the perfect place to explore in a horror game."

As surprising as it is, it's also a pretty brilliant idea. Deep space and deep water have a lot in common, but deep water - the true depths that SOMA promises to explore - is more "real" and thus quite possibly a more effective way to scare the pants off of people. After all, going into space is pure fantasy, but going underwater is something most of us can relate to, and often not in a good way.

SOMA is due out sometime in 2015 for the PC and PlayStation 4.

Frictional reveló que el juego va a estar ambientado en las profundidades del mar y no las del espacio como se pensaba.

Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei
    SOMA Gameplay Trailer Fecha de salida 22 de septiembre del 2015

Según el último gameplay trailer el nuevo juego desarrollado por los creadores de Penumbra y Amnesia: The Dark Descent saldrá el 22 de septiembre en PC y PS4.

Xbox Live
    SSS1980
    no veo la hora de que salga este juego.
    CPU: 2.3GHz Intel Core i5-8300H (quad-core, 8MB cache, up to 4.0GHz) - Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 ( 4GB VRAM); Intel UHD Graphics 630 - RAM: 8GB SDRAM (DDR4) -Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) Acer ComfyView (IPS LED) LCD - Storage: 1TB HDD - Ports: 1 x USB Type-C, 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, HDMI port, SD card reader, Ethernet (RJ-45) port, 35mm headphone jack, Kensington lock slot - Connectivity: 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Gigabit LAN, Bluetooth - Camera: 1,280 x 720 webcam.

Steam
    CYRU5
    Xbox Live
    CYRU5
    PSN
    CiTRU5_UY
    La verdad que le tengo muchas ganas a este juego, hace tiempo no juego a nada de terror (terror del psicológico, no terror mediante jump scares) de calidad y hace banda vengo siguiendo casi todo lo que se ha dicho de él, lo único que no me gustó para nada de la campaña publicitaria de dicho título es la cantidad que hay de videos de gameplay, y que en cada uno siempre se muestra alguna parte "terrorífica", cosa que una vez llegado ese momento en el título uno ya va a saber que es lo que pasa o va a andar con precaución por las partes del trailer; no lo veo mal, solo me parece una desperdicio de partes de ese estilo :/
    DESKTOP: NZXT H5 Flow | i7 12700K | Noctua NH-U12A chromax.Black | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO Z690 | GeForce RTX 3080 MSI Ventus 3X OC | 2x16GB DDR5 5600MHz Corsair Vengeance | NVMe WD Black SN770 250GB / 1TB + NVMe WD Blue SN550 1TB | Corsair RM1000x
    ITX: Lian Li A4-H2O | Ryzen 7 5800X | ID-COOLING IS-55 | ASUS ROG X470-I Gaming | GeForce RTX 2080 ASUS ROG STRIX OC | 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz HyperX Renegade | NVMe WD Black SN770 250GB + HP EX900 1TB | Corsair SF600P
    WORK | RETRO: JONSBO D31 MESH | i7 9700 | DeepCool AK500 ZERO DARK | Gigabyte Z370M DS3H | GeForce GTX 1660Ti Gigabyte OC | 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz Crucial Ballistix | NVMe WD Black SN750 250GB + HDD WD Blue 2TB | Corsair CX550F RGB

Excelente...
    Y me encanta que tenga una ambientacion de ciencia ficcion...
    Nunca olvides... DOOM fue el comienzo...

PC Gaming
    : I5 3570k 3.4 Ghz @ Scythe Fuma Rev 2 - Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 - 16 Gbs Patriot Viper 3 Cas9 1866 - Geforce RTX 3060 Palit Dúo - EVGA GQ 850 - SSD Kingston 480 Gbs. (Windows 10) / HDs varios llenos de juegos y downloads - CM 690II Advance Mod en proceso
    Vitualleria Gamer: Mouse Razer Ouroboros @ mousepad Razer Destructor - teclado Isku - Keypad Razer NT52 - Joypad Microsoft XBox 360 wireless - Joypad Dualshock 3 (para emuladores de PS) - Volante Logitech G27
    Audio: Parlantes Genius SP-HF 2.0 800 - Auriculares HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless
    Video: Samsung XL2370 (principal) + LG Flatron E2042TC (secundario) + Asus Transformer TF101 (monitoreo hard)

HTPC: I5 3330 - Asus P8 Z77-I De Luxe - 8 Gbs Crucial Sport 1600 Cas9 - Msi gtx 760 Mini-Itx - Antec 620M - CM Elite 110

HTPC Dormitorio: I7 4770 - 16 Gbs ram - Mother Asus H81M - SSD Crucial 240 Gbs - teclado Mele F10-Pro - Monitor Viewsonic VA2407H - Gabinete generico tipo Htpc

Server/Nas/Download: Mother Intel DG945GCLF - 2 Gbs. ram DDR2 - SSD Kingston SDNow 120 Gbs (Windows 8.1) - 7 Tbs de almacenamiento total - Gabo Norco ITX S4 Nas Storage

Steam
    CYRU5
    Xbox Live
    CYRU5
    PSN
    CiTRU5_UY
    Menos de 2 meses para tenerlo en nuestras manos
    DESKTOP: NZXT H5 Flow | i7 12700K | Noctua NH-U12A chromax.Black | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO Z690 | GeForce RTX 3080 MSI Ventus 3X OC | 2x16GB DDR5 5600MHz Corsair Vengeance | NVMe WD Black SN770 250GB / 1TB + NVMe WD Blue SN550 1TB | Corsair RM1000x
    ITX: Lian Li A4-H2O | Ryzen 7 5800X | ID-COOLING IS-55 | ASUS ROG X470-I Gaming | GeForce RTX 2080 ASUS ROG STRIX OC | 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz HyperX Renegade | NVMe WD Black SN770 250GB + HP EX900 1TB | Corsair SF600P
    WORK | RETRO: JONSBO D31 MESH | i7 9700 | DeepCool AK500 ZERO DARK | Gigabyte Z370M DS3H | GeForce GTX 1660Ti Gigabyte OC | 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz Crucial Ballistix | NVMe WD Black SN750 250GB + HDD WD Blue 2TB | Corsair CX550F RGB

Editor Avatar de Freeman
    No se por que tan criticos con A machine for a pig, a mi me gusto y me saco de la silla en un par de ocaciones.

Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei
    A Machine for a Pigs lo hizo The chinesse Room y no Frictional, Frictional solo lo produjo.

Igual me gusto tambien A Machine for a Pigs.

En Soma Frictional usa un estilo de narrativa parecida a la usada por The Astronauts en The Vanisihing of ethan Carter.

Por ahora los review le estan dando para adelante. Hoy a la medianoche lo compro en psn.

Steam
    shilenthill
    Origin
    shilenthill
    muy lindo
    Spoiler: 

Que buen avatar que tengo

Xbox Live
    SSS1980
    salio el soma ya?
    CPU: 2.3GHz Intel Core i5-8300H (quad-core, 8MB cache, up to 4.0GHz) - Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 ( 4GB VRAM); Intel UHD Graphics 630 - RAM: 8GB SDRAM (DDR4) -Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) Acer ComfyView (IPS LED) LCD - Storage: 1TB HDD - Ports: 1 x USB Type-C, 1 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, HDMI port, SD card reader, Ethernet (RJ-45) port, 35mm headphone jack, Kensington lock slot - Connectivity: 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Gigabit LAN, Bluetooth - Camera: 1,280 x 720 webcam.

Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei
    Mañana 22

Editor Avatar de Freeman
    Cita Iniciado por Reizor Ver mensaje

En Soma Frictional usa un estilo de narrativa parecida a la usada por The Astronauts en The Vanisihing of ethan Carter.
    Tambien podes verlo como que The Chinesse Room se centra en el dialogo como en Everybodys go to the rapture

Lo acabo de instalar, no me tiraba mas de 15 fps en la primera parte, a seguir esperando a tener una pc como la gente jaja

Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei
    Lo estoy jugando en PS4 y esta excelente, la ambientación, el sonido estan tremendos.

Dejo el Launch Trailer

Xbox Live
    SSS1980
    puta madre y yo sin pc para jugarlo

Información de tema

Usuarios viendo este tema

Actualmente hay 1 usuarios viendo este tema. (0 miembros y 1 visitantes)