Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei
    La Nota del development Hell que reporto Kotaku hace mas de un año. Por suerte se ve que cambiaron el rumbo del juego.
    Todos los periodistas que fueron a la Quakecon quedaron contentos.

Doom 4 is in trouble, and has been for quite some time now, according to multiple sources. Though publisher Bethesda tells Kotaku they still plan to release the highly-anticipated first-person shooter, Doom 4 has gone through at least one major reboot over the past few years, and sources say even today, five years after development started, the game is not even close to complete.
    Rumors of Doom 4’s troubled development have been floating around for a while now, but over the past few months, we’ve learned a great deal more than what has circulated so far. I’ve talked to four people with connections to the Id Software-developed game, and they’ve described a studio plagued by mismanagement and lack of communication that has frustrated staff both at Id and Id’s parent company, ZeniMax (whose main branch Bethesda is the publisher of Doom 4 and a number of other games, including The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim).
    We’ve also learned that in late 2011, after working on Doom 4 for three years, the studio behind the legendary series decided to reboot their newest game completely. Bethesda confirmed this to Kotaku yesterday.
    “An earlier version of Doom 4 did not exhibit the quality and excitement that Id and Bethesda intend to deliver and that Doom fans worldwide expect,” Bethesda's vice president of marketing and public relations Pete Hines said in a statement to Kotaku. “As a result, Id refocused its efforts on a new version of Doom 4 that promises to meet the very high expectations everyone has for this game and this franchise. When we’re ready to talk about the Doom 4 Id is making, we will let folks know.”
    We’ve heard a great deal more about what’s happened at Id over the past few years, and bits and pieces about what’s happening now. Today we can share it all.
    Call of Doom

At QuakeCon of 2007, Id co-founder and legendary programmer John Carmack said Doom 4was on the way. In 2008 they made it official, and over the coming years, Id dedicated one team to Doom 4 and another to their other shooter, Rage, which would be released in 2011. Both games were built on Carmack’s fancy new Id Tech 5 engine.
    According to one source, Id originally imagined Doom 4 as a “rework” of Doom 2. This would establish a pattern started by 2004's Doom 3, which Id saw as a re-imagination of the original Doom. In Doom 4, you’d play as an average human being who was gradually cajoled into joining the Resistance—a ragtag group of civilians and military—to help fight legions of demons that were invading Earth. It was... cinematic.
    “People referenced Call of Duty,” said the source. “There were jokes like, ‘Oh, it’s Call of Doom.’ They referenced it because of the amount it was scripted—there were a lot of scripted set pieces. There was kind of the recognition that in order to be a big shooter these days, you have to have some amount of the big, bombastic movie experience that people get pulled through.“
    Another source criticized this approach, telling me that it all felt rather mediocre: “The coolest part... were the horror and shock elements, unfortunately bookended by somewhat pointless and contrived shooting galleries of hoards of uninteresting enemies.”
    One sequence was described to me as “the obligatory vehicle scene” in which players would take the gunner’s seat of a car and shoot demons as the computer drove. If you think that sounds rather generic, you’re not alone. But a source assured me that there were some imaginative ideas in there too.
    “The big thing [Id] tried to do was not seem like, ‘Here’s a bunch of demons,’” the source said. “There was lots of concept art and prototype missions set up showing different parts of the earth being taken over, being warped and twisted into a hellish reimagining... It’s not just the demons: everything around you is changing. Humans are starting to struggle to go through an environment that is partially familiar, partially unknown now.”

These ideas might seem more than partially familiar if you’ve seen the screenshots that leaked in late February of 2012. Don’t get too excited, though. Those were all out of date long before they hit the Internet.
    EXPAND
    The Reboot

In late 2011, word came down that Doom 4 was getting a reboot. Id had just finished Rage, and according to three sources, leadership at the studio hadn't paid much attention to Doom 4 over the years. When Id's management finally did look at the game, they decided that it didn't live up to their expectations. It wasn’t good enough. And they needed to change direction.
    “I kinda think maybe the studio heads were so distracted on shipping Rage that they were blind to the happenings of Doom, and the black hole of mediocrity [the team] was swirling around,” said a source.
    “[Studio leadership was] coming over and looking at Doom 4,” said another source, “and it was like, ‘Now that I’m actually looking at this after ignoring it for three years, I see a ton of things I want to change.’”
    All of my sources described Id as a company full of talent but lacking direction. Politics and mismanagement at the top of the studio had trickled down and negatively impacted all of their projects, so many people at Id were psyched about the reboot, even if it meant changing or discarding the work they’d done, one source told me.
    “It was a very long overdue reboot that was accompanied by internal team management changes,” the source said. “Morale got a lot better during this short time as people were encouraged to participate and there were cool ideas floating around.”
    At one point, a source told me, the Doom 4 team had a big meeting in which company leaders talked about what Doom meant to them. John Carmack got up in front of everyone and said something like, "Doom means two things: demons and shotguns."
    Meanwhile, the Rage team had already started planning out Rage 2, a source said. But when the first game was released to tepid critical and commercial response, executives at ZeniMax decided to start getting more involved with Id’s development process. Over the next couple of months, ZeniMax met with Id’s leadership, cancelled Rage 2, and downsized plans forRage’s DLC, the source said.
    The new plan, as of January 2012: refocus the studio, postpone or cancel all other projects, and get everyone on the fourth Doom game.
    Rage came out, and it wasn't the splash success that everyone hoped it would be,” one source said. “Eventually what kind of came down was, ZeniMax said, ‘Okay, look, we gave you guys a bunch of chances and you guys are having a lot of trouble managing multiple projects, so you guys are gonna have one project: Just do Doom 4.’”
    “There was not only effectively another creative reboot, but a tech reboot,” said another source. Although this wasn't officially a reboot of the game, there was a new team and new code, so for some staff it felt like one.
    “[Id] started from the Rage code base, and took some big leaps back in certain areas of tech. [Id] spent a lot of time merging Doom features to Rage.”
    One source described a meeting in which ZeniMax executives told Id leads that “Doom 4 can and should be as big as Skyrim,” as far as both sales and cultural impact. (Skyrim, Bethesda’s massive role-playing game, shipped 7 million copies during its first week on shelves in November of 2011. And everyone had heard about it—not just hardcore gamers.)
    EXPAND
    For at least a few Id staffers, the morale boost earned by the initial Doom 4 reboot didn’t last very long. One source described the scene as a “power struggle,” as managers from bothRage and Doom 4 tried to figure out how to merge their teams.
    “You’ve got these different cultures and they’re all kind of jammed together,” said one source.
    A different source described the direction of the game as a mess, even after the reboot.
    “Larger creature ambitions turned into mediocre garden variety behaviors,” the source said. “[The story] again became lame and unfit for a late night sci-fi channel, and the team didn't feel a whole lot of ownership and contribution to the project. Cue the exodus of talent leaving ever since.”
    “Most of [Id’s] top talent has left or been fired,” said another unrelated source.
    “I know that people were leaving steadily through last year,” said a third.
    Doom 4 is now planned for the next generation of consoles, sources told me, and the actual release date is up in the air. At QuakeCon in August of 2012, Carmack said Doom 4 will be “done when it’s done,” but sources say “done” might be a long time coming.
    “[Id was] never even close to a shipped product,” said a source. “A half dozen mediocre levels was the most [Id] had to show.”
    “It’s not going well,” said another source. “Poor management, poor organization... [Id] just couldn’t nail down design... It’s just a mess.”
    Two sources told me that earlier this year, frustrated with the lack of progress on Doom 4, ZeniMax came to Id with an ultimatum: make something happen, or else. The specifics of the threat are unclear, but there are plenty of rumors floating around Dallas, Texas, where Id is based.
    One rumor is that ZeniMax threatened to shut down Id if they don’t finish the game within the next year, but two people told me that seems unlikely.
    What’s more likely, sources told me, is that if Id can’t get Doom 4 together, ZeniMax could clean house and refocus the company to work on tech like the Id Tech 5 engine, which is currently being used for multiple projects at studios owned by ZeniMax.
    But Bethesda says that Doom 4 is still happening, and at least one of my sources remains optimistic that despite what’s happened so far, the game will be released... one day.
    “They’ll keep Doom 4 going,” the source said. “They really believe that if they can get the internal strife and disorganization ironed out, Doom 4 has a lot of value... What eventually emerges could be anyone’s guess.”
    Kotaku 03/04/2013

Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei
    [youtube]ca1cHfu1cso[/youtube]

Edit, el bbcode youtube solo funca en tapatalk
    Última edición por Reizor; 30-05-2015 a las 03:04 PM

Aca ta

Failure, ambivalence, death... A final abyss of unending darkness

El neandertal Avatar de Master of the Wind
    Steam
    Master of the Wind
    Origin
    MasterOfTheWind1
    Xfire
    masterofthewind1
    No dio ni para que se me llegue a parar el pitito.
    // Desktop: Core i5 13600KF - 32GB DDR4@3600 Mhz (16 GB DDR4 Thermaltake Thoughram + 16 GB DDR4 TForce VulcanZ) - Asus Prime Z690-P D4 - EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB GDDR6X - SSD M.2 Kingston 2TB x2 - SSD M.2 Kingston 1TB - Thermaltake GF1 850W - Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 - Cooler Master H500 - Asus Strix Soar - Windows 11 x64
    // Gear:
    Razer Blackwidow V3 Mini 65% Hyperspeed - Razer Deathadder V2 Pro - Red Dragon Suzaku XL - Sony Dual Sense + Xbox Series Controller + 8BitDo USB Receiver 2 - Razer Kraken
    // Display: Gigabyte M32U 32" 4K@144hz
    // Retro: Core i3 6100 3.7Ghz - 8GB DDR4@2133 Mhz - 128 GB SSD - 1TB HDD - AMD Radeon R5 340X 2GB GDDR3 - 8 Bitdo SF30 Pro - Sony Wega Trinitron 36" CRT + VGA to Component transcoder - Batocera Linux
    // Work: Macbook Pro 15" 2019 - Core i9 2.3 Ghz - 16 GB DDR4 - 512 GB SSD - Intel UHD Graphcis 630/AMD Radeon Pro 560X 4GB GDDR5
    // Server ITX: Antec ISK 300 - Gigabyte GA AB350N Gaming WIFI - AMD Ryzen 3 3200g - 32GB RAM DDR4 - 1TB NVME SSD
    // Console peasant: New Nintendo 3DS XL 128GB MicroSD - Xbox 360 Slim 120GB - Nintendo Wii 512GB MicroSD - Nintendo Switch 256GB MicroSD + RCMLoader
    // Console no peasant: Steam Deck - 256GB SSD - 1TB MicroSD

Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei
    Ya al haber leido los comentarios de los que vieron el gameplay en la quakecon del año pasado y ver la paleta de colores al estilo del Doom original en este micro teaser ya tengo expectativas para que encare el gameplay reveal

Editor Avatar de lordfps
    Steam
    LordFPS
    Origin
    lordfps
    Xbox Live
    lordfps
    PSN
    LordFPS

Doom

Nos encontramos ya en la cuenta atrás de lo que será el evento sobre videojuegos más importante del año, el E3 2015.

Todas las compañías calientan motores y Bethesda, que tendrá su propia conferencia, nos muestra un breve teaser tráiler de uno de los juegos que mostrara orgullosa por la feria, Doom.

Fuente
    Última edición por lordfps; 26-05-2015 a las 10:42 PM
    Xbox Original Xbox 360 Slim Xbox One S Xbox Series X PS One Playstation 2 Ceramic White Playstation 3 Playstation 4 Sega Saturn STKey Dreamcast Nintendo Switch Panasonic 3DO FZ1

Steam
    Dreadjaws
    Origin
    Dreadjaws
    PSN
    MacJunegrand
    3DS Friend Code
    1676-4066-7359
    ¿No había un tema ya de esto?

Editor Avatar de lordfps
    Steam
    LordFPS
    Origin
    lordfps
    Xbox Live
    lordfps
    PSN
    LordFPS
    Cita Iniciado por Dreadjaws Ver mensaje
    ¿No había un tema ya de esto?
    Ups vi los primeros post y pense que era del cancelado Doom 4
    Última edición por lordfps; 26-05-2015 a las 10:52 PM
    Xbox Original Xbox 360 Slim Xbox One S Xbox Series X PS One Playstation 2 Ceramic White Playstation 3 Playstation 4 Sega Saturn STKey Dreamcast Nintendo Switch Panasonic 3DO FZ1

Steam
    Dreadjaws
    Origin
    Dreadjaws
    PSN
    MacJunegrand
    3DS Friend Code
    1676-4066-7359
    Cita Iniciado por lordfps Ver mensaje
    Ups vi los primeros post y pense que era del cancelado Doom 4
    Ja, no, ese tiene un tema aparte.

Editor Avatar de Freeman

Steam
    CYRU5
    Xbox Live
    CYRU5
    PSN
    CiTRU5_UY
    ¡¡¡Ahora si es un Doom!!!
    DESKTOP: NZXT H5 Flow | i7 12700K | Noctua NH-U12A chromax.Black | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO Z690 | GeForce RTX 3080 MSI Ventus 3X OC | 2x16GB DDR5 5600MHz Corsair Vengeance | NVMe WD Black SN770 250GB / 1TB + NVMe WD Blue SN550 1TB | Corsair RM1000x
    ITX: Lian Li A4-H2O | Ryzen 7 5800X | ID-COOLING IS-55 | ASUS ROG X470-I Gaming | GeForce RTX 2080 ASUS ROG STRIX OC | 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz HyperX Renegade | NVMe WD Black SN770 250GB + HP EX900 1TB | Corsair SF600P
    WORK | RETRO: JONSBO D31 MESH | i7 9700 | DeepCool AK500 ZERO DARK | Gigabyte Z370M DS3H | GeForce GTX 1660Ti Gigabyte OC | 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz Crucial Ballistix | NVMe WD Black SN750 250GB + HDD WD Blue 2TB | DeepCool PK750D

ASRock B650M PG Riptide / Ryzen 5 7600X / 2x16 GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte RTX 4070 Ti Super / SSD T-Force Cardea Z540 2 TB / HDD HGST 4 TB
    Grabadora Blu-ray UHD Pioneer / 2 controles Xbox One X / 8BitDo M30 / Monitor LG 27" 4K 144 Hz HDR IPS GSync / TV LG B6 OLED 55" 4K HDR / Klipsch Cinema 800 5.1

Excelente.

Editor Avatar de lordfps
    Steam
    LordFPS
    Origin
    lordfps
    Xbox Live
    lordfps
    PSN
    LordFPS

Steam
    Hellhound7700
    Pah, como estuvo esa DEMO!!!! una locura, el gore, los graficos, snapmap, todo... Lo que me sorprendio es que parece que quieren fusionar el multiplayer del Quake en el Doom

Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei
    Tremenda demo, todo el gore, esos ataques cuando los enemigos quedan aturdidos estan tremendos, vamos a ver como rinde el id tech 6, pero pinta una enorme mejora de id tech 5.

Parece que también hay double-jump
    Última edición por Reizor; 15-06-2015 a las 09:41 AM

El neandertal Avatar de Master of the Wind
    Steam
    Master of the Wind
    Origin
    MasterOfTheWind1
    Xfire
    masterofthewind1

Master piece incoming.

Que mas le vamos a pedir a un buen Doom? Super shotguns, gore, misiles, cañon de plasma, gore, y muchos bichitos para matar.

MUY lindo se ve el id Tech 6.
    // Desktop: Core i5 13600KF - 32GB DDR4@3600 Mhz (16 GB DDR4 Thermaltake Thoughram + 16 GB DDR4 TForce VulcanZ) - Asus Prime Z690-P D4 - EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB GDDR6X - SSD M.2 Kingston 2TB x2 - SSD M.2 Kingston 1TB - Thermaltake GF1 850W - Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 - Cooler Master H500 - Asus Strix Soar - Windows 11 x64
    // Gear:
    Razer Blackwidow V3 Mini 65% Hyperspeed - Razer Deathadder V2 Pro - Red Dragon Suzaku XL - Sony Dual Sense + Xbox Series Controller + 8BitDo USB Receiver 2 - Razer Kraken
    // Display: Gigabyte M32U 32" 4K@144hz
    // Retro: Core i3 6100 3.7Ghz - 8GB DDR4@2133 Mhz - 128 GB SSD - 1TB HDD - AMD Radeon R5 340X 2GB GDDR3 - 8 Bitdo SF30 Pro - Sony Wega Trinitron 36" CRT + VGA to Component transcoder - Batocera Linux
    // Work: Macbook Pro 15" 2019 - Core i9 2.3 Ghz - 16 GB DDR4 - 512 GB SSD - Intel UHD Graphcis 630/AMD Radeon Pro 560X 4GB GDDR5
    // Server ITX: Antec ISK 300 - Gigabyte GA AB350N Gaming WIFI - AMD Ryzen 3 3200g - 32GB RAM DDR4 - 1TB NVME SSD
    // Console peasant: New Nintendo 3DS XL 128GB MicroSD - Xbox 360 Slim 120GB - Nintendo Wii 512GB MicroSD - Nintendo Switch 256GB MicroSD + RCMLoader
    // Console no peasant: Steam Deck - 256GB SSD - 1TB MicroSD

Cita Iniciado por uKER Ver mensaje
    A partir del minuto 2:15 tuve un orgasmo...
    Con permiso, voy a cambiarme los calzoncillos y ya vuelvo...
    Nunca olvides... DOOM fue el comienzo...

PC Gaming
    : I5 3570k 3.4 Ghz @ Scythe Fuma Rev 2 - Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 - 16 Gbs Patriot Viper 3 Cas9 1866 - Geforce RTX 3060 Palit Dúo - EVGA GQ 850 - SSD Kingston 480 Gbs. (Windows 10) / HDs varios llenos de juegos y downloads - CM 690II Advance Mod en proceso
    Vitualleria Gamer: Mouse Razer Ouroboros @ mousepad Razer Destructor - teclado Isku - Keypad Razer NT52 - Joypad Microsoft XBox 360 wireless - Joypad Dualshock 3 (para emuladores de PS) - Volante Logitech G27
    Audio: Parlantes Genius SP-HF 2.0 800 - Auriculares HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless
    Video: Samsung XL2370 (principal) + LG Flatron E2042TC (secundario) + Asus Transformer TF101 (monitoreo hard)

HTPC: I5 3330 - Asus P8 Z77-I De Luxe - 8 Gbs Crucial Sport 1600 Cas9 - Msi gtx 760 Mini-Itx - Antec 620M - CM Elite 110

HTPC Dormitorio: I7 4770 - 16 Gbs ram - Mother Asus H81M - SSD Crucial 240 Gbs - teclado Mele F10-Pro - Monitor Viewsonic VA2407H - Gabinete generico tipo Htpc

Server/Nas/Download: Mother Intel DG945GCLF - 2 Gbs. ram DDR2 - SSD Kingston SDNow 120 Gbs (Windows 8.1) - 7 Tbs de almacenamiento total - Gabo Norco ITX S4 Nas Storage

Está DEMASIADO bueno.
    Lo que vi medio flojo son los videos del infierno.
    ASRock B650M PG Riptide / Ryzen 5 7600X / 2x16 GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte RTX 4070 Ti Super / SSD T-Force Cardea Z540 2 TB / HDD HGST 4 TB
    Grabadora Blu-ray UHD Pioneer / 2 controles Xbox One X / 8BitDo M30 / Monitor LG 27" 4K 144 Hz HDR IPS GSync / TV LG B6 OLED 55" 4K HDR / Klipsch Cinema 800 5.1

Administrador Avatar de Azure
    Steam
    Sophitia
    Me siento que estoy viendo un doble rainbow con el doom y el fallout...
    mE HACEN GASTAR LOCO ME HACEN GASTAR

FREE BITCH! 4 Science o.o

Información de tema

Usuarios viendo este tema

Actualmente hay 1 usuarios viendo este tema. (0 miembros y 1 visitantes)