User Tag List

Resultados 1 al 8 de 8

Tema: Half-Life 2 en Unreal Engine 4

Half-Life 2 en Unreal Engine 4

Valve is pretty good about letting people work with their properties, up to and including allowing a fan-made total conversion of their first game to be made in the engine from their second. After the better part of a decade in development, though, that project — called Black Mesa – has yet to be released in its entirety. However, even if all you’re doing is making upgraded models, textures, and lighting effects, making a video-game takes time. That being the case, don’t think that the images below are from a genuine mod or upcoming project. A user called Logithx at the website Polycount has posted a personal art project that aims to recreate the opening scene of Half-Life 2 in Epic’s Unreal Engine 4.

As a pure art project, this won’t run afoul of any copyright issues, and it can serve as a stark reminder of just how far graphics have come in the past 10 years. Though the creator points out that many of the effects are still in their infancy, the impact of two generations of rendering technology is very apparent. The scene is also unfinished, still lacking interiors for the trains and other details not visible here. Logithx is apparently hard at work fixing that problem, though, so further screens (and perhaps a walkable map) shouldn’t be too far behind.

The scene has been chosen well to show off some of the newest features of the Unreal Engine. Though the indoor environment obscures any near-infinte draw distances, it does allow for complex shadows and lighting effects from the interplay of artificial light sources and sunlight streaming through windows in God-rays. It also contains a fair number of additions on the part of its creator, since much of the detail now modeled in Unreal 4 is only implied in the Source Engine version. Notably, the windows are actually transparent now, rather than self-illuminating planes. Almost all of the detail in the upper half of the train station is extrapolated from grainy, distant bitmaps into detailed models and textures.

The original Source engine, which powered Half-Life 2, its expansion episodes, and the Left 4 Dead games, is one of the most licensed game engines of the last generation. In terms of AAA graphics-intensive games, its main rival was in fact earlier iterations of Epic’s Unreal engine. Valve is itself hard at work on a next-gen game engine, assumed to be named Source 2, and Gabe Newell has confirmed that Valve is simply waiting for the right game to accompany its release. Right now, the best bet is Left 4 Dead 3.

geek.com

polycount.com

Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei
    Quopte de Logithx de PolyCount
    Edit:
    Wow ok I didn't expect these screenshots to leave Polycount. Thanks for all the replies and feedback! Really motivated now. Note that this is NOT the Unreal Engine 4, but UDK (Unreal Engine 3), which is one of the reasons why some textures might look flat (no PBR ) and the reflections unrealistic. I'm working every day to port this to the new Unreal Engine 4 but as I mentioned in my original post there's lots of work that was unfinished not to mention that I have to redo all the materials and many textures because of the awesome physically-based shading in Unreal Engine 4. There's a lot more content in this level that I haven't shown yet and I probably won't until it's all finished. Thanks again for the replies!

Edit 2:
    Yes, everything was rebuilt from the ground up, including high-poly's and all the stuff that goes with. No original Half-Life 2 material will be used (except for Dr.Breen's face and the Combine insignia). I'll provide screenshots of all the high-poly models and the likes when the time comes.
    Esas screens estan hechas con UDK (Unreal Engine 3), el tipo planea llevarlas a UE4
    De todas fromas desde HL2 a Portal 2/CS:GO/Titanfall Source Engine paso un largo trecho a mejorado mucho, con una versión actual de Source puede lograrse lo que hizo con UDK, ahora si lo hace en UE4 el resultado va a ser impresionante.
    Recuerdo en el 2004 cuando jugue HL2 habia quedado impresionado al salir del tren y toparme con esa estación.

Es increíble lo que hacen. Como le pasó a Mathídolo, pero me pasó casi en cada parte del juego. xD Y la verdad pasado a UE (y actualizado) queda mucho más lindo.

Es increíble lo que se pueden hacer con ganas y huevo (y plata). :O

Steam
    mrazeroth
    Origin
    mrazeroth
    Tiene una pinta excelenteeeeee D: es muy bueno, ya me explotó la cabeza BMS, eso va a ser una locura, lastima que por lo que leo ahi solo va a ser la intro del juego y no el juego completo :P
    "Once the first bullet goes past your head, politics... Go right out the window." - Black Hawk Down.
    "I don't have time to bleed!" - Blaine, Predator.

Steam
    vamux
    Origin
    vamux
    Impresionante!
    Y el HL3 para cuándo? El episodio 2 quedó en terrible continuación.

Enviado desde mi ME172V mediante Tapatalk

cuando los años empiecen con 3

Steam
    Reizorblei
    Origin
    Reizorblei
    Xbox Live
    mathidoloX2
    PSN
    Reizorblei
    El otro día defeque un 6 en números romanos, el 6 en numeros romanos esta compuesto por 2 caracteres, si a 6 lo divido entre 2 me da 3.
    Half Life 3 Confirmado!

Steam
    CYRU5
    Xbox Live
    CYRU5
    PSN
    CiTRU5_UY
    Cita Iniciado por vamux Ver mensaje
    Impresionante!
    Y el HL3 para cuándo? El episodio 2 quedó en terrible continuación.
    Igual a esta altura ya tendría que jugarlos todos los HL2 de nuevo ya que no me acuerdo ni de la mitad de las cosas al igual -supongo- que varios de acá jaja
    DESKTOP: NZXT H5 Flow | i7 12700K | Noctua NH-U12A chromax.Black | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO Z690 | GeForce RTX 3080 MSI Ventus 3X OC | 2x16GB DDR5 5600MHz Corsair Vengeance | NVMe WD Black SN770 250GB / 1TB + NVMe WD Blue SN550 1TB | Corsair RM1000x
    ITX: Lian Li A4-H2O | Ryzen 7 5800X | ID-COOLING IS-55 | ASUS ROG X470-I Gaming | GeForce RTX 2080 ASUS ROG STRIX OC | 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz HyperX Renegade | NVMe WD Black SN770 250GB + HP EX900 1TB | Corsair SF600P
    WORK | RETRO: JONSBO D31 MESH | i7 9700 | DeepCool AK500 ZERO DARK | Gigabyte Z370M DS3H | GeForce GTX 1660Ti Gigabyte OC | 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz Crucial Ballistix | NVMe WD Black SN750 250GB + HDD WD Blue 2TB | DeepCool PK750D

Información de tema

Usuarios viendo este tema

Actualmente hay 1 usuarios viendo este tema. (0 miembros y 1 visitantes)