Al parecer, MS le va a seguir dando soporte a los XP de todos los ATM, si el XP simula ser una version de ATM va a seguir con updates. Acá les dejo algo que me pasaron;

Getting XP updates

POSReady 2009 is based on the Windows XP kernel and get updates until 2019. I want to know, if i can apply that on normal XP, but i get a error of version mismatch.

So i looking in the update.inf/update_SP3QFE.inf and it checks only some registry entries:

Source code
[Prerequisite]
condition=CompositeOp,OrOp,Prereq.XPInstallEmbedded.Section

[Prereq.XPInstallEmbedded.Section]
OrOp=Prereq.XPInstallEmbedded1.Section
OrOp=Prereq.XPInstallEmbedded2.Section
Display_String="%A6Blocked%"
[Prereq.XPInstallEmbedded1.Section]
EqualOp=CheckReg,HKLM,"System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WindowsEmbedded\ProductVersion",FeaturePackV ersion,0x00000000,==,"SP3"
EqualOp=CheckReg,HKLM,"SYSTEM\WPA\WEPOS",Installed,0x10001,==,1
[Prereq.XPInstallEmbedded2.Section]
EqualOp=CheckReg,HKLM,"System\WPA\WES",Installed,0x10001,==,1
EqualOp=CheckReg,HKLM,"SYSTEM\WPA\POSReady",Installed,0x10001,==,1

The solution is simple. Create a text file with this content::

Source code
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
"Installed"=dword:00000001

Save as .reg file and doubleclick to import it.

POSReady2009 Updates will now install on a normal XP and Windows Updates shows also the updates for POSReady2009

ATTENTION: Use it you own risk! These updates are not tested on a regular XP system and could damage your system

Instead PosReady you can also use WEPOS or WES. A reboot is not required.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

XP x64 is based Windows Server 2003, but new Server2003 updates will not install on XP x64.

But i found a workaround by applying a modify update.inf. Since update.exe will check the integry of update.inf, you need to swap the files directly:

1. First you need to download manually the update from microsoft.com and then execute with the switch /x to unpack it (ex. C:\xpupdate).
2. Create update.cmd:

Source code
c:
cd "C:\xpupdate\update"
echo Replace update.inf with update.inf.new
copy update_SP2QFE.inf org_update_SP2QFE.inf /y
copy new_update_SP2QFE.inf update_SP2QFE.inf /y
echo Apply Update
start update.exe /passive /norestart /log:c:\xpupdate\install.log
ping -n 1 -w 5 1.1.1.1>nul
copy org_update_SP2QFE.inf update_SP2QFE.inf /y

3. Copy update_SP2QFE.inf to new_update_SP2QFE.inf (in folder c:\xpupdate\update)
4. On new_update_SP2QFE.inf you need to delete this.

Source code
1 Condition=AndOp,Prereq.XPAMDInstallBlock.Section

and the end (end of line):

Source code
[Prereq.XPAMDInstallBlock.Section]
PresentOp=CheckReg,HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ProductOptions",ProductType,0x00000000
NotEqualOp=CheckReg,HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ProductOptions",ProductType,0x00000000,!= ,"WinNT"
Display_String="%WrongProductMessage%"

5. Execute update.cmd

You can view install.log to show, if the installation is successfull. A reboot is required.